Friday, August 12, 2011

llama llama misses mama

Last fall as I went through the book fair, I spotted Llama Llama misses mama. The day was coming that Kase had to head to preschool. To get him used to the idea, I decided to warm him up through this book. Little Llama goes to preschool and misses his mama but realizes he can have fun until she comes back to get him.

Of course Kase wanted to know why he had to go to preschool. So I listed several reasons, one being sharing with others. So for a while when he would share or do anything off of my list of reasons for preschool he would say, see mama I don't need preschool. He is only going 2 days a week for 3 hours but for him and me it is a big step ( and our entire family.)
In order to get him excited about preschool I told him we would have a preschool celebration the few days before his first day. I let him choose some fun things to be apart of our celebration. First he chose golf. So of course we all went to the course and played a round of golf with him.









He also decided he would like to bowl.







The night before his first day I let him choose the menu. He chose chicken, green beans, corn, and watermelon. So he became a little cook and helped me prepare the meal. While he was napping I made the table festive and make him a pencil cake as well. He was so proud of his special meal.









Of course the morning of, I wanted him to have a good breakfast. So he enjoyed muffins that we had made the day before and a little chocolate milk. I say little because there really isn't even enough chocolate in the milk to turn it brown but in his eyes it was a special treat.








Yes, there were tears that morning at preschool drop off. The preschool celebration plan did work, I just prepared the wrong kid. Kase did not cry, but Knox was a mess. He cried and yelled Kase's name as we pulled off.





Overall Kase had a great day!
My 2 favorite things that he said about preschool was Mama no crying and no tattling and, I just walked out that door smart!
Who knew all it took was walking out that door in just one day. I realized I'm not sad or nervous that he is in preschool just sad that he is old enough to go. God has blessed us with amazing children and even though I don't want them to grow up I can't wait to see what God has in store for their lives.
Photobucket src="http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g345/bkelly8/blog_2-p001-1.jpg" width=215 height=191>

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful pre school celebration! I am so glad Kase is enjoying pre school. Your boys are so precious.

    ReplyDelete